Virabhadrasana, or the Warrior Pose, will not only make you feel your strength, but also help you extend your thorax and make it elastic and active:
- Place your feet wide apart, parallel to each other.
- Turn your left foot to the left 90 degrees and your right foot inside. Breathe out, and bend your left knee.
- Your right leg should stay straight. Raise your arms, and put them in line with your shoulders. Turn your head left, looking at your wrist.
- Repeat 7-10 times, then do the same to the right side.
Trikonasana, or the Triangle Pose, will release and strengthen your thorax, stretch your spine, and improve your blood flow:
- Place your feet wide apart. Turn the left one 90 degrees and the right one 15 degrees.
- Touch your left ankle with your left hand (with time, you’ll be able to put your open palm on the floor), and stretch your right arm upwards so that your arms make a straight line. Keep your knees and spine straight too.
- Turn your face up, and look at your fingers. Then repeat the exercise with the other side.